Photolux – Photography Portfolio WordPress Theme
Photolux is a powerful and elegant Portfolio and Photography WordPress Theme which is best suited for photographers and creatives who use portfolios to showcase their work. Photolux theme is powered by the advanced Pexeto Panel, which provides tons of options to manage and modify any aspect of the theme – it is well suited for both beginners with no coding knowledge and developers. The theme comes with three base skin choices: Dark, Light, and Transparent, as well as numerous backend options for easy customization and building your skin.
Unique Dynamic AJAX Gallery
Photolux includes a flexible and unique AJAX gallery with awesome jQuery animations and effects, which comes with lots of options available for its items.
For each gallery item, you have the options to:
– dynamically open an image slider with a nice jQuery animation, containing lots of additional images attached to the item (lots of images can be uploaded at once)
– open an image lightbox as image gallery attached to the item (lots of images can be uploaded at once)
– play video in lightbox
– open item content on a new page
– open a custom link on a new page
Also, there are lots of options that can be set to the gallery pages, for example:
– different image sizes – the default image size can be changed on each gallery page
– unlimited gallery pages – you can create as many galleries as you need with different image sets
– “Black & White” – for each gallery page you can set an automatic “Black & White” image effect – the effect is generated automatically by the theme, so you don’t have to create separate images for this effect
– dynamic AJAX category filter (can be enabled/disabled per page)
The theme is responsive so that it fits and looks great on different devices – desktop, mobile phones and tablets. Also, the main gallery slider supports finger gestures, so it is very easy to navigate between the images on touch devices.
The theme comes with 3 base skins – Dark, Light, and Dark Transparent. After you choose your skin, you have options to change the colors and background used in the theme. We have also included a color picker to make the color choice even easier.
Additionally, the theme comes with 34 different background patterns that you can choose from and if you would like to use your own custom background, the theme also provides an option to upload your own background pattern image or full-width background image.
Note: The skin switching functionality from the drop-down menu on the demo site is for demonstration purposes only (so you can preview the different skins) and is not part of the theme – by default, the theme skin can be selected from the options panel of the WordPress admin.
There is an amazing fullscreen image slideshow included with the theme – it provides an option to completely hide the navigation sections and display the images in the full size of the window.
The theme provides a friendly user interface to implement Cufon Font replacement and Google API Fonts. For the Cufon font replacement, you can either use one of the fonts that the theme comes with or upload your own custom font. For the Google Fonts, we have created a section where you can enable as many fonts as you like just by adding the URL the API provides.
Advanced Styling Buttons
The theme includes a unique set of buttons that allow you to directly insert the styled content into your editor area. In this way, you can easily organize your content while creating it without having to save and preview your page with every change you do.
Adobe Lightroom Integration
The WP/LR Sync service can be used to publish/export your photos and collections from Lightroom to WordPress and to keep them synchronized. Jordy Meow, the creator of WP/LR Sync has recently released a Pexeto Theme extension that adds support for our themes to the WP/LR Sync service – with this extension enabled, the portfolio items (and their categories) in Photolux will be synchronized with your Lightroom (photos, collections, and collection sets). Please note that the WP/LR Sync service does not come with the theme and has to be purchased separately.
The theme comes with detailed documentation, which includes examples, screenshots, and all the main instructions you will need to customize your site. Additionally, we have included a “Beginners” section which includes some helpful links about working with WordPress and instructions about what steps to follow when setting the theme.
This theme supports the WordPress classic editor only and a major part of its elements rely on the classic editor. This requires installing the Classic Editor plugin.
Other Key Features
- Unlimited Sidebars – dynamic sidebar generation functionality
- SEO section included allowing you to add keywords, change title structure, exclude pages from indexation, etc.
- Easy page layout changing – for each page you can choose between left sidebar, right sidebar and full-width layout
- Nivo slider included
- Option to disable right-click
- Full-width background image option – you can set one globally to the whole theme, or you can set different ones to the different pages
- Easy theme translation – all the custom words used within the theme can be very easily changed from the admin panel. We have also included a .po file if additional languages will be used.
- Easy logo replacement
- Separate portfolio section
- WordPress 3.0 Custom Menu Support
- jQuery Tabs
- AJAX contact form
- Sociable Icons section in the footer
- Comments with reply functionality (multiple levels depth)
- Multi-level drop-down menu
- Lost of styled elements included
- PSD Files included
- A bonus widget included – Portfolio Posts Loader displaying the latest items in the sidebar with lightbox preview
- Works and looks similar in all major browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome